Passive microseismic monitoring is used to improve safety and decision-making during drilling, tunneling and subsurface injections.
For those applications, a fast response time between data acquisition and action is required, with a typical maximum of two hours delay.
OCTIO Environmental is using Guardian as an integrated solution to process seismic data and provides the information required for decision-making within that time range.
- Noise removal algorithms
- Microseismic event detection and location
- Alarm handling, including alarm push on smartphones
- Integration of well measurements and environmental information
- History line for navigation through microseismic events
- Integrated visualizaton of all data types
- Log interface for easy communication between interested parties
Microseismic events recorded during 240 hours at the Oseberg oilfield.
From this First Break article.